Recipe by Bone Man
This is an easy way to modify salsa into something just a bit better and it's a different dish to put on the coffee table during the Superbowl too. It's from a newspaper clipping.
- 2 avocados, pulp scooped out
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces chunky salsa
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped (I use Romas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the lemon juice into a bowl and mash up the avocado pulp into it.
- Spread this in the bottom of a 7x11-inch casserole dish.
- Drain the salsa in a colander and then mix it with the sour cream. Spread this over the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the tomatoes, cheese, scallions and olives.
- Refrigerate for up to a day in advance (covered with cling wrap) and serve cold with tortilla chips.