Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Great for Sunday brunch or a holiday breakfast. Thanks to Chef SherryF for the inspiration to create this recipe. Don't worry if you can't find the ingredients in your friendly local supermarket - just substitute kumquats, bamboo shoots, wawa with fresh pomegranate juice mixed in it, and ground polar bear. (These international substitutions are provided as the result of a suggestion by a Recipezaar chef.)
- 2 lbs o'brien frozen potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 16 fluid ounces French onion dip
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- potato chips or corn flakes
- Pour the O'Brien frozen hash brown potatoes into large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a microwave oven.
- Combine the soup, French onion dip and melted butter.
- Pour the mixture over the hash brown potatoes; mix well.
- Add the cheese and fold together.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about one hour or until the ingredients bubble throughout and the top is slightly brown.
- Sprinkle crumbled potato chips or corn flakes over the top and bake for approximately 5 minutes more.
Great recipe! I used cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken and threw everything in the crockpot and cooked on low for 8 hours. I topped it with a little cheese I had set aside from the two cups and french fried onions instead of corn flakes just before serving. Have made for several pot lucks and had none left over. Thanks Mille!