1/2 Photos of Outdoorsmen Bars
1 hr 15 mins
These have everything in them but a kitchen sink. I send them out with my hunter's every year to the camp and they come back with an empty dish asking for more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons orange peel
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter with 1 cup brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended.
- 3Stir in the oats, flours, wheat germ and orange peel and mix well.
- 4Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of a well-greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish. Once spread into the pan, MASH it all down until it forms a solid crust.
- 5Combine eggs, pecans, chocolate chips, dates, apricots, coconut and remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a separate large bowl.
- 6Mix gently but thoroughly.
- 7Pour this mixture over the "crust" mixture and spread evenly.
- 8Bake at 300 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until browned on top.
- 9Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
- 10Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outdoorsmen Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 68.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g