Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is in fact a deconstruction of a new deli salad from a popular grocery chain in Minnesota. I made a few shortcuts that I could not verify, but who knows ?? All I know is that I offer you a hot weather potato salad with heat safe ingredients that does not contain eggs or dairy.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian salad dressing
- Put the potatoes into a large cooking pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and cool the potatoes, combine with the other ingredients and set aside for at least 1 hour.
My family loves potato salad, but am always weary about mayo based salads at BBqs and picnics. We usely opt for german style. This was wonderful and if the empty bowl is any indication, think that it will be The Potato salad of choice. Thank you for sharing.
I'm very honored to be the first to review this delectable concotion Bill! Brother William and I work together for the same company and last week was our annual picnic/potluck bash. Bill had told me he was going to make this salad. I have tasted the grocery store version, so I was eager to try Bill's. It is a lovely marriage of ingredients, and the color combination of the green and red peppers, the black of the olives is very pleasing. Just a personal preference, I would use a smaller amount of Italian dressing when I make this, and believe me I will! This is THE perfect salad to make and transport in the dog days of summer! You can let it sit out without fear of it coming back to haunt you or your guests! Thanks again Bill!