Recipe by always cookin'
I don't know what Outback's tastes like but this is the best Caesar Dressing I've ever had. This is bursting with flavor! You can buy pasteurized pure egg substitute without additives. Serve on torn crisp romaine with chunks of tomato and croutons. The number of servings does not include having second helpings. I got the recipe on a copycat site but I don't remember which one.
Top Review by sweetcakes
This was delicious! I think this is really close to the real thing. It seems like their dressing was more spicy, or it could just be the crutons were spicy. This is really the best ceasar I have ever had! Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all ingredients together except the 1 cup of parmesan for the topping.
- Chill for at least an afternoon or overnight.
- Assemble all salad ingredients in a large bowl, whisk dressing again and add dressing to salad in portioned amounts until you get the desired amount of dressing for the salad. There may be some dressing leftover.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of extra parmesan cheese and toss.