Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted in response to a request by Michelle S. on the boards, located online. I've not tried this myself so prep times and servings are all wild guess-timates.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded gouda cheese (see NOTE below)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lb crabmeat (rinsed and cleaned well)
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained well
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except for shredded cheeses, crab, corn and peppers.
- Fold in shredded cheeses then gently fold in crab meat, corn and peppers.
- May be refrigerated or frozen for later use at this point.
- To serve, heat in microwave or regular oven, stir when warm, top with additional shredded cheese and heat a short while more for a crusty top.
- Best served with garlic Pita or bagel chips or thin Italian toast pieces.
- NOTE: Michelle reported that the Outback menu says "smoked gouda" so you may wish to try this.
Thank you for this recipe...it was delicious! Definitely tastes just like Outback's crab dip. I agree with other posts that this makes enough for 2 occasions. The only substitutions made...we used 2 cups shredded swiss; only because our local (convenient) store did not have Gouda, and I didn't use shredded Parmesan. Just forgot to put it in. We served it with Pita chips, but I think next time I will try the honey wheat toast.
I have made this twice now and it's turned out pretty good. Originally, I followed the recipe exactly but with a few variations it's even better! I recommend adding more red pepper and cutting back on the Old Bay by about 1/2 tbs. The original recipe is just a bit salty. I also added about a half cup more corn the second time that I made it. Delicious!
Yummy!! I'm so glad I found this recipe because the Outback near us has taken this off their menu! Prepared everything as is except I didn't have any already roasted red pepper so I sauteed up some red bell pepper in olive oil real quick. Freezed half and heated other half in my 1 qt slow cooker for Father's Day!