Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serious comfort food from your own kitchen. You don't have to leave the house to get the food you want. I know when went to Outback, this is what I always ordered. Now, why bother. Its easy to put together. Sometimes I don't even bother marinating the chicken and its just as good. No gratuity please. Save your money and fill your tummy. Prep time excludes marinating time.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar honey mustard dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 12 slices bacon, fully cooked
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pour about 1/4-1/2 of honey mustard in a bowl and add the chicken.
- Set in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or, better yet, overnight.
- Save remaining honey mustard in a sealed container in 'fridge to use as a dipping sauce later.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan on the stove and sear each chicken breast 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with honey mustard.
- Salt and pepper breasts.
- Add butter to frying pan and saute mushrooms.
- Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approx ½ cup of cheese on each.
- Cover pan with foil or lid and bake 7-10 minutes to melt cheese. Dust with paprika and serve with honey mustard.
Wow, this was a BIG hit! It certainly competes well with the real Alice Springs Chicken - Great job Bay Laurel!! The only thing I will be doing differently next time is to slightly pre-fry the bacon prior to placing it on top of the chicken. We weren't fond of the limpness of the bacon. I tried broiling it towards the end for several minutes, hoping that it would crisp up the bacon a little, but the bacon remaind the same and the cheese crisped instead. Otherwise it was very tasty! Mmm Mmmm... I served it with Recipe #356174 and Recipe #10733. Made for PAC Spring 2009 :)
This is a good recipe and not too complicated to make. We left the mushrooms off...just cuz our kids don't like mushrooms...and it was still super yummy!
I had this at Outback last night and just knew I'd find a similar recipe here and I did with this recipe. Just absolutely wonderful and full of flavor. I actually liked this better because I used cheese that I love like Provolone and cheddar instead of the Monterey Jack. I also used recipe #373680 for the Honey Mustard which is much better than Outback. Thanks so much for sharing. Will be making this one again. Made for "Let's Party" 2011