1/2 Photos of Outback Steakhouse Toowoomba Pasta Copycat Recipe
Emily Elizabeth's Note:
The title speaks for itself! It is just a bit spicier than Outback's version if you use 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/4 tsp for light heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups quartered baby portabella mushrooms (Slice instead if they have the circumference of a golf ball or wider)
- 1 lb raw shrimp (tails off and de-veined, substitute 1/2 for crawfish if available)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (about 2-3)
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta (I am guessing on the amount of pasta since I make two batches of Easy Homemade Fresh Pasta (Gluten Free))
- shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Cook fettuccine as directed.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet. Whisk in cream, ketchup and spices. Bring to a boil. Continue to simmer and reduce while you continue with the rest of the recipe, stirring occasionally with a wire whisk. (most of the cream will boil away, leaving you with a dark orange sauce).
- 3Sauté mushrooms in a separate small skillet over medium to low heat, in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms to simmering sauce.
- 4Cook shrimp (and crawfish if available) in the small skillet in olive oil just until pink and add to sauce.
- 5Simmer for about 5 minutes adding green onions for the last 2 minutes or so.
- 6In a large bowl, toss shrimp mixture with cooked and drained fettuccine and serve immediately, topping with finely shredded fresh parmesan (or romano) cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outback Steakhouse Toowoomba Pasta Copycat Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.9
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 35.7 g
- Cholesterol 412.4 mg
- Sodium 1250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 32.3 g