The title speaks for itself! It is just a bit spicier than Outback's version if you use 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/4 tsp for light heat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups quartered baby portabella mushrooms (Slice instead if they have the circumference of a golf ball or wider)
- 1 lb raw shrimp (tails off and de-veined, substitute 1/2 for crawfish if available)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (about 2-3)
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta (I am guessing on the amount of pasta since I make two batches of Easy Homemade Fresh Pasta (Gluten Free))
- shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine as directed.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Whisk in cream, ketchup and spices. Bring to a boil. Continue to simmer and reduce while you continue with the rest of the recipe, stirring occasionally with a wire whisk. (most of the cream will boil away, leaving you with a dark orange sauce).
- Sauté mushrooms in a separate small skillet over medium to low heat, in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms to simmering sauce.
- Cook shrimp (and crawfish if available) in the small skillet in olive oil just until pink and add to sauce.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes adding green onions for the last 2 minutes or so.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp mixture with cooked and drained fettuccine and serve immediately, topping with finely shredded fresh parmesan (or romano) cheese.