Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted From www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Make and share this Outback Steakhouse Three Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes ByTodd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, salted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3 pieces thick-sliced bacon, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into 1/4-inch thick bite size.
- slices. Toss the potato slices in a bowl with the melted butter,.
- salt & pepper, then spread them out onto a baking sheet and bake.
- for 30 minutes or until the edges of the potatoes begin to brown.
- While the potato slices bake, make the cheese sauce by whisking together the butter and flour in a small saucepan over.
- medium/low heat. Heat until bubbling, then stir in the half-and-.
- half. When the mixture begins to bubble again, add the cheese.
- Continue cooking the sauce over medium/low heat, stirring often,.
- until smooth.
- When the potato slices are done, remove them from the oven.
- and set the oven to high broil.
- Transfer the potato slices to a shallow casserole dish. Pour.
- the cheese sauce over the potato slices. Mince the bacon and.
- sprinkle the bacon over the top of the potatoes.
- When the oven is hot, broil the dish for 2 minutes or until the.
- top begins to bubble and brown. When it's done, sprinkle with.
- 1/2 tsp minced parsley and serve hot.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3 (Penguin/Putnam) www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Wonderful, wonderful side dish. It reminded my DH of his mother's home made mac and cheese. I found the cheese sauce to be a bit thick, so I thinned it with more 1/2 and 1/2. I also did not add the parsley because I thought it would go over better with the kids without it. Just Wonderful!
These potatoes were very good but they are rich. These are one of those dishes you make for special occasions. I loved the flavor of the three cheeses and they were easy to make. Made for Zingo ZWT5.