Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com The trick to this is planning ahead and putting your serving plated in the freezer ;) Outback uses Blue Bell ice cream. Todd Wilbur- TSR
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fudge sauce
- 8 large ripe strawberries
- Put 4 dinner plates into the freezer.
- Make whipped cream by whipping cream in a large bowl on high speed.
- When cream stiffens add sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Continue whipping until cream makes stiff peaks (don't over beat or cream will fall apart - store in fridge until needed).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread coconut evenly over bottom of large pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until coconut is a golden brown (you may have to stir coconut during last 10 minutes of baking to brown evenly).
- Sllow coconut to cool.
- Heat up fudge topping for 10-15 seconds in microwave - get the plates out of the freezer and make a circle of fudge on each plate.
- Roll each scoop of ice cream in coconut - place each in center of fudge circle.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of fudge over ice cream.
- Put large scoop of whipped cream on each ice cream ball.
- Cut 4 strawberries in quarters and position 4 pieces around each ice cream ball.
- Slice top off remaining 4 strawberries and stick into whipped cream.
I love this! I haven't made this in awhile and was wondering if there were any new tricks to it so I searched and found your posting. The bowls in the freezer trick is a good one. I rolled my ice cream into balls, placed them in the bowls and back in the freezer to stiffen up. I don't use whipped cream b/c I don't like it on my sundaes...I'm all about the coconut and chocolate ;) Yummmmm this is a special treat!