Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I got off Recipe Goldmine. Delicious and easy rub for steaks! UPDATE: Due to the numerous comments, I've updated the salt measurement. Enjoy! :)
- 4 pieces top sirloin steaks or 4 pieces rib eye steaks
- 4 -6 teaspoons salt (depending on taste)
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- Mix together seasoning ingredients and rub into each side of steak.
- Grill steaks on a large frying pan over medium-high heat; press down on steak with spatula or tongs to sear the edges.
This is a great spice mix. I sprinkle it on my steaks before I freeze them. By the time they've thawed when I get around to cooking them, the flavors have really set in. It's also good on hamburgers.
OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD STEAK RUB, but seriously, I can't believe anybody has their steaks this salty. According to previous reviews, I halved the amount of salt and this was perfect!
Had this on steaks and pork chops...yummy! Once you have the spices out, make a double batch....you'll be glad you did! I keep it on the shelf . We call it "MAGIC DUST" . Thanks for publishing!