Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Copy cat recipe of "Shrimp on the Barbie"
Make and share this Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh herb (parsley, thyme, cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium to large shrimp (unpeeled)
Outback Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup tomato chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients except the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp and mix.
- Marinate at room temperature for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue with medium-hot coals.
- Skewer the shrimp.
- Grill until opaque (about 2 minutes per side).
- For the Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and mix well.
I liked it & thought it was very appealing to look at (Beautiful). I just didn't think it quite tasted like the shrimp at outback although very good. The difference in taste may have been my fault due to having to grill a different way than suggested. Thanks for the recipe. I will use it again.