Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A copycat recipe.
Make and share this Outback Steakhouse Rack of Lamb Cabernet Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 6 cups au jus sauce (The drippings from roasting beef or lamb)
- 2 tablespoons lamb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a bowl mix 1/3 cup of wine with flour, set aside. Put remaining wine, broth, parsley, lamb seasoning and garlic powder in saucepan . Bring to a GENTLE boil, then turn heat down and reduce about 4-5 minutes. Stir in flour mixture.
- While you are reducing liquid, brown butter in another pan (DON'T JUST MELT BUTTER BROWN IT, DO NOT BURN ). WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED REDUCING, ADD BUTTER AND MIX WELL. By this time your sauce should have a semi-thick look to it.