Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted in response to a request; located in an online search.
Top Review by Heather N.
No where close to Outbacks, the cheese really thru off this recipe. I will stick to my own next time which is a lot closer and more of a potato soup less of a cheese soup. This just looked simpler to make with less ingredients.
- 5 -6 large potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- sour cream
- bacon bits
- shredded cheese
- green onion top
- Wash, peel, cut potatoes in small pieces.
- In medium size pot, barely cover with water, boil until cooked but still firm; drain.
- Add milk and cheese to potatoes; cook on low stirring constantly until cheese melts. Season to taste. Do not boil.
- Ladle into serving bowls and add toppings of sour cream, bacon bits, shredded cheese, and green onion tops.