Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in response to a request; located in an online search.
Make and share this Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup - Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- 5 -6 large potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- sour cream
- bacon bits
- shredded cheese
- green onion top
- Wash, peel, cut potatoes in small pieces.
- In medium size pot, barely cover with water, boil until cooked but still firm; drain.
- Add milk and cheese to potatoes; cook on low stirring constantly until cheese melts. Season to taste. Do not boil.
- Ladle into serving bowls and add toppings of sour cream, bacon bits, shredded cheese, and green onion tops.
No where close to Outbacks, the cheese really thru off this recipe. I will stick to my own next time which is a lot closer and more of a potato soup less of a cheese soup. This just looked simpler to make with less ingredients.
I also followed some of the suggestions, I used 3/4lb cheese, but also included cooked bacon. Also I put half in the blender and it made it so creamy, and yummy!! Its a fabulous soup that my Huband loves, and he is very 'picky' over what he eats. Will be using this recipe a lot more in the future.
Great easy potato soup, but it's not close to Outback's.