Recipe by MSandraF
Got this off of http://www.copykat.com Love Outback's steaks. Haven't tried this yet; wanted to post it first. I would use salt instead of MSG.
Top Review by Cheeseburger in Paradise
I liked this marinade but my husband didnt. I wish I had some MSG for this one, I think it would really make it more like outback. I had to use salt. I also think my seasoning salt is not the best so that might have changed the flavor. I WILL try this one again with better seasoning salt and msg. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup scottish ale
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your favorite cut of steak in a shallow pan and pour ale on steak and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove steak from ale.
- Mix dry ingredients together and rub steak on both sides.
- Let marinate with dry ingredients for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat a skillet or grill to med high heat add vegetable spray or vegetable oil and braise to perfection.
- This can be made at home!
- Can braze the steak in butter, not the vegetable oil.
- Copykat,com liked the use of Ale NOT BEER for the marinade.
- These amounts will handle 1 1/2 lbs of beef nicely.