Recipe by Kzim4
Posted in response to a recipe request.
Top Review by Audie521
Very close ,but you're overcomplicating it. =) It's literally Penne pasta, and equal parts heavy cream and Velveeta. So you would melt 4oz. of cheese with 4oz. of heavy cream and pour it over the pasta and toss. I know this for a fact. Wink-wink. =)
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof medium-size rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 lb store-brand processed cheese, cubed (i.e. Velveeta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rigatoni using package instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour, stirring constantly.
- Mixture should thicken.
- When flour thickens, add milk, salt, paprika and cheese cubes.
- Stir constantly until the sauce thickens but is smooth.
- The cheese sauce should resemble an extra-thick cream.
- If mixture is too thick, a little more milk may be added.
- Pour the drained pasta into the sauce and gently stir until pasta is completely coated.