Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
As close as we'll probably ever get to the real recipe for Outback Steakhouse's string beans.
- Steam the green beans for 8 minutes.
- Add cool water to the green beans in order to cease the cooking process. (This allows for crispy crunchiness instead of squishy beans.).
- Drain the water from the beans and set aside.
- Just before sitting down to the table (about 5 minutes) put the beans, the sugar, and the butter in a saute pan and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste and Enjoy!
A bit sweet for my taste. Will consider addition of garlic and cutting down on the brown sugar. Otherwise, sure to be a hit with the kids!
I haven't had Outback's green beans but I know that these were very good. I used green and yellow beans straight from my garden and did follow another suggestion and added some red pepper flakes. Tasty side!
These were pretty close considering you didn't have info. What it's lacking is a hint of liquid smoke.