This is a wonderful tasting Caesar Salad Dressing that the Outback Steak House uses on the salads. This also makes a wonderful veggie dip as well!
- 7⁄8 cup pasteurized egg (I use Egg Beaters)
- 1 1⁄8 ounces crushed garlic
- 3 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 ounces anchovies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Blend all ingredients 20 seconds on high and then 20 seconds on low.
- Makes 1 quart.
I haven't made this yet. I'm confused by the measurements of the first 2 ingredients. Is the egg amount really 7 or 8 cups?? And couldn't you just give the garlic measurement in number of cloves? Not all of us are accomplished cooks. Thanks.
I made this last night, omitted the salt, used anchovie paste (based on other recipes I've seen), and only had 1 cup of olive oil, so had to use 1/2 cup veggie oil. I read another review that said let it sit overnight. THIS IS A MUST. It tasted like oil freshly made, but this morning I stirred it up, and tasted..mmmm. Very close to the real think. I think a little more Parmesan cheese next time too. Nice little kick to it like the real thing.
All I could taste was olive oil.