Recipe by JustaQT
These are honestly my favorite thing on the menu. I would really hate to count the times, were my family has had these for dinner. Keep in mind when you fry French fries, you need your oil nice and hot, do not cook many fries at once.
- 1 (2 lb) bagof frozen French fries
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (An excellent suggestion is to use the cheese that is labeled as "Taco Cheese", cheese for Tacos.)
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the fries into half, and use the other half later.
- Heat oil to 350degrees.
- If you do not have a thermostat, make sure the oil is hot enough, so that when you set a French fry in there it will cook immediately.
- If the French fry sinks to the bottom, and barely bubbles, it is not hot enough.
- Fry the potatoes in small batches, they are done when they are golden brown, and float to the top of the skillet.
- Be sure to drain the potatoes on paper towels.
- You can keep them warm in the oven while the other fries are done.
- When all French fries are done cooking, and drained place them onto a platter.
- Salt the French fries if you like, and sprinkle on cheese and cooked bacon.
- Pop these back into a warm oven until the cheese begins to melt.