* Carly *'s Note:
This marinated chicken breast is covered with honey mustard and bacon. The entree is baked until the cheese on top is all melted and dippy. From Top Secret Recipes. Prep and Cook times are guesses and do not include the 3-4 hours for the marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (10-12 mushrooms)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Combine the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. 2 cups water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- 2Add all 4 chicken breast to the marinade in a covered container or resealable plastic bag, and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- 3Combine the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard, and vinegar in a small bowl. Stir well until smooth. Chill.
- 4When chicken has marinated, preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
- 5As barbecue preheats, prepare turkey bacon by frying it in a skillet over medium heat until done. Remove the bacon from the skillet to a plate lined with paper, which helps soak up the excess fat. The bacon can sit here until it is time to assemble the dish.
- 6Spray a light coating of nonstick oil cooking spray over the surface of each chicken breast. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and paprika, and then grill for 7 to 10 minutes on each side. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 7As chicken grills, prepare mushrooms by heating up a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. When the butter has melted, add the mushrooms along with a little salt and pepper. saute the mushrooms for 10-15 minutes or until the become cooked through and light brown. If the mushrooms finish before the chicken, just turn the heat to the lowest setting until you are ready to assemble the dish.
- 8When chicken is cooked, transfer the chicken breast fillets to a large baking dish. Slather the top surface of each breast with a generous portion of the honey mustard sauce. Stack two slices of bacon, crosswise, on top of each breast.
- 9Quarter the mushrooms and stack a portion on top of the bacon on each chicken breast. Carefully pour about 1/2 cup of the Colby/Monterrey Jack cheese blend over each of the chicken breasts.
- 10Bake chicken in the preheated oven for 7 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 11Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon of fresh minced parsley.
- 12Serve with addition honey mustard sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.4
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 223.2 mg
- Sodium 1144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 74.1 g