Recipe by Chef Otaktay
The Alice Springs Chicken is a favorite of mine. It is a great way to dress up plain old chicken breasts.
Top Review by Buckeye Mom
My whole family agrees....this will become a weekly dish!! I wanted to add a bit onto my review after "perfecting" it to my family's tastes. After frying the bacon, I pour out about half of the grease and then fry the chicken up in that. About 1/2 way through the cook time for the chicken I add the mushrooms in to saute them. This makes the whole dish SO MUCH more flavorful! This is a high-cal dish especially made this way so we reserve this for special occasions but it is always requested!
- 4 chicken breasts, 1/2-inch thick (maybe frozen, chicken breast, should be skinless and boneless)
- 6 pieces bacon, sliced in half and fried crisp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon McCormick's Season All
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, drained (canned or in jar)
- 3 cups shredded colby or 3 cups monterey jack cheese
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub chicken breast with Seasonal All and set aside to marinated for 1 hours While the breast is marinating fry bacon crisp and drain. Shred cheese and set aside.
- Gather all other items together and make ready for the preparation.
- Take chicken from marinate and sauté on medium heat in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking. Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry. Remove from pan.
- Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three slices of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/jack cheese, chicken should be covered with shredded cheese. Pop in heated oven at 350°F or a micro just until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley and extra honey mustard may be served on the side.
- Honey Mustard: Blend all together until completely until smooth and free from lumps. The corn syrup may be adjusted depended on how sharp the mustard might be or to your taste.