Make and share this Outback Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts water for boiling potatoes
- 8 potatoes
- 4 canned chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- Potatoes,diced and boiled; save till the end.
- In Pot add broth, onions, salt, pepper,water simmer 20 minutes.
- in small pot melt 2 sticks butter and 3/4 cup flour together and add to broth slowly. Add approximately.
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream slowly to thicken.
- simmer 20 mins add potatoes and serve.
- Garnish with.
- Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bacon Bits.
- Green Onions.