Make and share this Outback Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts water for boiling potatoes
- 8 potatoes
- 4 canned chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- Potatoes,diced and boiled; save till the end.
- In Pot add broth, onions, salt, pepper,water simmer 20 minutes.
- in small pot melt 2 sticks butter and 3/4 cup flour together and add to broth slowly. Add approximately.
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream slowly to thicken.
- simmer 20 mins add potatoes and serve.
- Garnish with.
- Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bacon Bits.
- Green Onions.
This is the best potato soup ever. I did have to cut back on the flour and butter for the thickener . Half of the called amounts was perfect.
my boyfriend and I go to outback often and he always orders the potato soup. So I made a bet with him that I could make the soup. I did today, it tasted great I won the bet. I will surely be making this soup again
Awesome potato soup!!! Loved this. I wasn't sure about the measurement for cans of broth since I make my own so I did 6 cups, added a couple slices of cooked bacon to the soup (as well as used more for garnish) and otherwise kept everything the same. Makes a lot, but was so good as left overs none went to waste. By the way, even the kids loved this soup. Thank you so much for this recipe!