a friend who works there gave me this recipe..not for the diet conscience but they are terrific..cheap bread works best..or homemade leftover is great too..
- Cut bread into bite sized pieces -- melt butter until it looks like mayo.do not melt to a liquid.croutons will NOT turn out.
- Add garlic and seasoning to butter and blend well and set aside.
- Put bread on a cookie sheet and toast till golden brown.
- Be sure and let cool completely.
- Place butter mixture into a large bowl -- coat bread cubes gently --
- put croutons back on baking sheet and bake at 8-10 minutes.at 350*.
- Gently shake the pan to make sure all are browning correctly.
excellent recipe! Not quite like Outback though! I know I sound like Paula Deen right now, but they need more butter. I know the recipe already has a ton, but they are just really good, normal croutons right now, not quite the texture of Outback. I cut the recipe in half (because who has a cookie sheet to hold 2 loaves of bread?!). I also used 2 bowls and divided up the butter mixture evenly. It was much easier to coat the croutons when not working with such a large amount. Also very important to spread them onto the cookie sheet in one layer so none are overlapping. I will for sure be making these again, just with more butter - then I will hit the treadmill! :)
Excellent croutons, light, melt-in-mouth.