You can have a delicious full flavor cinnamon roll just like the one you get at the mall. But... without all the fat and calories. This recipe is easy and oh so delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
For the glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees; have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 2Keep the tube of crescent rolls in fridge until ready to use and you have all your ingredients ready to go.
- 3In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 4Melt the butter in microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- 5Now, take the tube out of fridge and roll out on a cutting board. You want to flatten the dough out with your hands to make a rectangle. You don't need to use a rolling pin but you can use one if you want to make the same thickness throughout.
- 6Spread the butter with a pastry brush over the entire dough. Save a little butter for when you have rolled up this up after the filling is inches.
- 7Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the butter (a nice coating). Save a little for when it's rolled up.
- 8Starting with the shorter end, roll the dough up into a log.
- 9Brush the remaining butter over the outside of the log and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the butter.
- 10With a sharp knife cut the roll into 8 slices. To do this, start by cutting the roll in half then half again until you have 8 slices.
- 11Place the slices on the baking sheet. You will probably still have extra cinnamon sugar mixture so sprinkle that over the cut slices.
- 12Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Turn the pan around after 5 minutes and check after 10 minutes. They should look puffed, light brown and the bottoms will look light to medium brown as well. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- 13To make glaze: In a small bowl blend the powdered sugar with the milk and mix up until you have a glaze consistency. If you have a mini whisk this makes for easier mixing. You can use a spoon or small fork as well. When the rolls are slightly cooled, drizzle the glaze over each roll.
- 14ENJOY these yummy treats!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Out of This World Skinny Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 26.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat crescent rolls