Recipe by skinnysweetsdaily
You can have a delicious full flavor cinnamon roll just like the one you get at the mall. But... without all the fat and calories. This recipe is easy and oh so delish!
For the rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
For the glaze
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Keep the tube of crescent rolls in fridge until ready to use and you have all your ingredients ready to go.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- Now, take the tube out of fridge and roll out on a cutting board. You want to flatten the dough out with your hands to make a rectangle. You don't need to use a rolling pin but you can use one if you want to make the same thickness throughout.
- Spread the butter with a pastry brush over the entire dough. Save a little butter for when you have rolled up this up after the filling is inches.
- Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the butter (a nice coating). Save a little for when it's rolled up.
- Starting with the shorter end, roll the dough up into a log.
- Brush the remaining butter over the outside of the log and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the butter.
- With a sharp knife cut the roll into 8 slices. To do this, start by cutting the roll in half then half again until you have 8 slices.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet. You will probably still have extra cinnamon sugar mixture so sprinkle that over the cut slices.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Turn the pan around after 5 minutes and check after 10 minutes. They should look puffed, light brown and the bottoms will look light to medium brown as well. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- To make glaze: In a small bowl blend the powdered sugar with the milk and mix up until you have a glaze consistency. If you have a mini whisk this makes for easier mixing. You can use a spoon or small fork as well. When the rolls are slightly cooled, drizzle the glaze over each roll.
- ENJOY these yummy treats!