Recipe by Vicki Kiddy
I have tried many different ways to cook a roast, but this one is the best by far says my family.
Top Review by evewitch
This turned out really well for a tiny amount of work. I used regular carrots that I cut up (to use them up) but I can definitely see the attraction of opening 3 cans/packages rather than chopping and measuring. Although I don't typically use the soups in cooking I would probably make this again. I used an 7X11 dish but the gravy started to overflow so I think 9X13 would be better. I thought I should have made noodles because there is a lot of gravy, but I got an alternative request for a larger roast and more carrots and potatoes in the same amount of gravy.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbells cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbells cream of potato soup
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put roast in casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put carrots around roast.
- Pour in water.
- Pour cream of onion soup over roast (not diluted).
- Pour cream of potato soup over roast (not diluted).
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Put in a 275° oven for 5 hours.
- When you take the roast out of the oven, you will have the best roast with the best gravy you have ever eaten.