Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe makes two beautiful and delicious pies.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 inches pie crusts, baked
- whipped topping
- In saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Cook until thick. Remove from heat and add the Jell-O; allow to cool.
- Add the bananas and pecans.
- Pour into pie shells and top with whipped topping.
This is so colorful and fresh tasting...A favorite in the spring in the spring and summer I use strawberry Jell-O and delete the pecans...the deep dish prepared pie crusts work the best