Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The friend that gave me this recipe calls it Stuffed Mushrooms. I call it delicious. I can get soft breadcubes from the local bakery, which makes this a little easier to prepare. This goes well with any meat, makes a nice side for ham or pork also. I think it comes out just perfect, sooooo moist, just as stuffing should be. I'm not sure of the servings, it makes a very large pan. Good for company.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 2 loaves of fresh bread, cubed
- 8 -12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- Sautee onion and celery in margarine or butter till soft.
- add 1 1/2 Cups water.
- Mix into soft bread cubes.
- Spray large baking pan with cooking spray, line pan with sliced fresh mushrooms.
- add stuffing.
- Heat 2 cans soup, milk, 1/4 Cup cooking sherry.
- Pour over stuffing.
- "Slash"through with knife to blend slightly.
- Bake 350 degrees, for 1 hour.