Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a healthy oatmeal raisin cookie I found on another website (foodft)
Make and share this Out of This World" Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1. Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray two baking sheets with the cooking spray.
- Set out a large bowl and combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, can help cream the butter and both sugars together.
- Beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and mix until blended about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour to the applesauce mixture and mix well.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake until slightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies and cool completely.
This recipe gave me 40 cookies. They baked in 10 minutes. Took them to work and let my colleagues be the "judges". The ones who care about their waistline gave them four stars, the ones who do not gave them two stars. Some of the comments were: bland, too soft, light and nice, cake consistency. Personally I thought they were OK but nothing special. Thanks for posting. Made for My-Three-Chefs, June, June'08.