Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this recipe up one night when trying to find a good way to cook fresh green beans. My whole family loves them. My husband regularly asks for them for dinner.
- 2 -3 cups fresh green beans
- 4 -5 slices bacon
- 2 -3 dashes lemon pepper
- 2 -3 dashes garlic powder
- 2 -3 dashes onion powder
- 2 -3 dashes salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Clean green beans and tear off ends if desired.
- Put green beans in pot.
- Add seasoning to taste (a few shakes of each).
- Fry 4 or 5 pieces of bacon and crumble into pot.
- Put enough broth in pot to steam beans, about an inch in the bottom.
- (You may have to add some before beans are finished.) Cover and let the broth boil-- the steam will cook the beans.
- Stir occasionally.
I made 2 cups of green beans just enough for 2 people..My DH liked these beans ,I thought they were o.k. for a change..
I'm not rating it, but I need to say that this recipe needs some tweaking. I find it hard to understand why you say that this serves 4 when there are NO amounts listed? I would say that this is not a recipe so much as a method. And that's okay. I have some like that, but I explain that in the description so people don't get confused. I should have really read this recipe several times and thought it through before I tried to make it for dinner.
Deanne came up with a good recipe--the melding of the lemon pepper and powders works well. A nice change, and if you've got the beans, you're sure to have everything else on hand too. So easy.