Recipe by Deanne McKissick
I made this recipe up one night when trying to find a good way to cook fresh green beans. My whole family loves them. My husband regularly asks for them for dinner.
- 2 -3 cups fresh green beans
- 4 -5 slices bacon
- 2 -3 dashes lemon pepper
- 2 -3 dashes garlic powder
- 2 -3 dashes onion powder
- 2 -3 dashes salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean green beans and tear off ends if desired.
- Put green beans in pot.
- Add seasoning to taste (a few shakes of each).
- Fry 4 or 5 pieces of bacon and crumble into pot.
- Put enough broth in pot to steam beans, about an inch in the bottom.
- (You may have to add some before beans are finished.) Cover and let the broth boil-- the steam will cook the beans.
- Stir occasionally.