1/1 Photo of Out of This World Garlic - Onion Bread Machine Buns
2 hrs 15 mins
Jan Marie's Note:
These buns are great for sandwiches. They are just the right size...not as large as burger buns, but just right for lunches. They have a terrific texture and you can vary the garlic/onion to taste, or leave it out completely. Cheese would also be good. But best of all...no kneading and it couldn't be simplier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream (regular)
- 2 3/4 cups bread machine flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 dash onion powder, to taste
- 1 dash garlic powder
- slightly beaten egg
- sesame seeds or poppy seed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- 2Add first 7 ingredients in order to bread machine.
- 3Use dough cycle.
- 4When dough is almost mixed, add next 4 ingredients.
- 5Run through dough cycle.
- 6Lightly flour board and turn out dough onto board.
- 7Cut into 12 pieces, shaping into buns.
- 8Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- 9Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20-25 minutes.
- 10Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- 12Cool on cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Out of This World Garlic - Onion Bread Machine Buns
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 206.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g