Recipe by Jan Marie
These buns are great for sandwiches. They are just the right size...not as large as burger buns, but just right for lunches. They have a terrific texture and you can vary the garlic/onion to taste, or leave it out completely. Cheese would also be good. But best of all...no kneading and it couldn't be simplier.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (regular)
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread machine flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 dash onion powder, to taste
- 1 dash garlic powder
- slightly beaten egg
- sesame seeds or poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Add first 7 ingredients in order to bread machine.
- Use dough cycle.
- When dough is almost mixed, add next 4 ingredients.
- Run through dough cycle.
- Lightly flour board and turn out dough onto board.
- Cut into 12 pieces, shaping into buns.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20-25 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.