Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Light, fluffy rolls bursting with yummy goodness. Try them (they're Grandma's)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- soften yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and set aside.
- Place sortening, sugar, eggs, 1 cup warm water, salt, and 21/2 cups of flour in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add softened yeast and blend well.
- Add remaining flour and mix inches.
- Cover and place in warm place until rise is doubled.
- Punch down, cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Three hours before serving, rool out dough and divide in half.
- Roll out each each half into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread with soften butter and roll up like jelly roll. Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Places slices into greased muffin tins, cut side down.
- Cover and allow to rise for 3 hours before baking.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
These were excellent!! So nice and fluffy :)
Excellent Dinner Roll. The flavor and texture were perfect. Dave loved them. I made exactly as directed and would not change a thing. thanks TT for the wonderful recipes during Spring PAC