Recipe by Rev.CCJ
Very tasty Black Beans. The ingrediencts are kind of weird but the taste is OUT OF THIS WORLD!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- clove, 4 - whole
- 9 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons cilantro stems, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 orange, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onions, bell peppers and jalapenos and cook until vegetables are soft, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, cloves, stock, and cilantro stems. (Add the smoked turkey if you desire)
- Squeeze the orange over the pot and drop inches.
- Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook, partially covered, for 2 1/2 hours or until beans are very tender. Stir in chopped cilantro leaves and season with salt to taste.
- Remove the orange before serving.
- Yields 2 quarts.
- You can do this in a crockpot too.