Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Very tasty Black Beans. The ingrediencts are kind of weird but the taste is OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Make and share this Out of This World Cuban Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- clove, 4 - whole
- 9 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons cilantro stems, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 orange, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onions, bell peppers and jalapenos and cook until vegetables are soft, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, cloves, stock, and cilantro stems. (Add the smoked turkey if you desire)
- Squeeze the orange over the pot and drop inches.
- Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook, partially covered, for 2 1/2 hours or until beans are very tender. Stir in chopped cilantro leaves and season with salt to taste.
- Remove the orange before serving.
- Yields 2 quarts.
- You can do this in a crockpot too.