Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This cake is just what the title says it is---so good. You use a cake mix so it is fairly easy to make and most of the things you might have on hand. I use whatever cake mix I have.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄3 cups water (see back of box for water amount)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake cake according to directions on box for a 9x13 pan using the water, oil, and eggs in the boxed mix.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then pierce the top of the cake with a fork.
- Pour the undrained pineapple over the baked layer.
- Mix the milk, pudding mix, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another medium mixing bowl beat the cream cheese at high speed till light and fluffy.
- Add the pudding mixture to this beating till smooth.
- Spread over the prepared layers.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and pecans.
- Chill covered for several hours.