Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not so normal ingredients create a phenominal presentation and dish! You will love this-Great for easy entertaining!
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 64 ounces beef tenderloin steaks, 1 inch
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Pour brandy in sauté pan.
- Add butter and then the flour - stir.
- Reduce heat until it's a golden color.
- Stir in tomato paste and rest of garlic - it will look thick and grainy.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in wine, chicken broth, beef broth and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add worcestershire and jelly.
- When jelly melts, add mushrooms.
- Let it cool a little - a few minutes - pour over steaks.
- You can refrigerate it until you are ready to cook it - let it come to room temp before placing in the oven.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 15-20 (rare) or 20-25 (med/medium well) minutes.
- Serve with wild rice (Uncle Ben's is a great match) and asparagus or spinach, etc -- .