1/1 Photo of Out of Milk Coffee Cake
This warm coffee cake with crumb topping is made using Coffee Mate in place of milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- 2FOR CRUMB TOPPING:.
- 3COMBINE nuts, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in medium bowl. Mix with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4FOR CAKE:.
- 5Whisk together water and Coffee-mate in small bowl until smooth.
- 6Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and butter in large mixer bowl.
- 7Beat by hand or on low speed with an electric mixer until flour is coated with the butter.
- 8Stir egg into butter-flour mixture. Gradually stir in Coffee-mate mixture.
- 9Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle half of crumb topping over batter. Spoon remaining batter over crumb topping. Sprinkle with remaining crumb topping.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes before cutting.
- 12Best served warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Out of Milk Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.9
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g