Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember where I found this but I do have a name: Elizabeth Powell. Also, I have renamed the recipe as the original title was simply Guacamole. I use canned chiles because I can't get fresh ones. Also I use mild green chiles as we don't like alot of heat. Substitute one tablespoon of chopped parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander if fresh coriander is not available.
- 3 whole avocados
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers, canned, seeded
- 1 whole fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, leaf chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Peel avocados, cut them in halves and remove pits.
- Toss with lemon juice in a ceramic bowl.
- Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, blend well and adjust seasoning to taste.