Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We adapted another Chocolate Zucchini Bread and made some healthy changes that suited our lifestyle and tastes. We add a cup of any nuts or seeds (pepitas, almonds, pecans, etc)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, concentrated extract
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1 cup carrot, finely grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup apple puree
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Using the big bowl from your mixmaster, mix all wet ingredients.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet mixture, so as not to make a mess, and mix well.
- Pour into mini-loaf tins, you should get about 8-10. You can also use 1 normal loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 20 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Freezes well as mini-loaves or whole loaf, sliced before freezing.