Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I LOOOOVVVEEEE Crab Rangoons! I usually get them just a few times of year, since they are fried and I'm serious about my waistline :) These are baked and much better for you; you can "save" at least 80 calories on each crab rangoon. So enjoy and make them often!
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked (may substitute for artificial crab meat)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 wonton wrappers
- paprika (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Mix crab meat, cream cheese, onions and mayo.
- SPRAY 12 medium muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Gently place 1 won ton wrapper in each cup, allowing edges of wrappers to extend above sides of cups.
- Fill evenly with crab meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minute or until edges are golden brown and filling is heated through.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
I make Crab Rangoons all the time . I usually deep fry, but this is healthier. Some suggestions though. You should egg wash the wantons on each side. Also add worschester ...not to much just a dash or two. Honestly, the mayo is not necessary just the cream cheese.
These are SO wonderful! I found the easiest way for me was to use a cookie sheet, set out the wrapper, fill with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture, then fold up the four corners, (I didn't seal with egg or water, I just let the corners sort of stick to the cream cheese mixture.) Loved, loved, loved--will make often! I think these actually taste better than the fried variety.
Yum! My only complaint is that they tasted so good that I didn't bother limiting myself to one or two. The second time I tried this recipe, I put less filling inside and closed the corners just like the way traditional ragoons are made. I liked it a little better with the corners closed because it made dipping much easier. Thanks for sharing!