Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. Sometimes, instead of red potatoes, try sweet potatoes for a different, more nutritious twist.
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 red potatoes
- baby carrots
- Put roast in Dutch oven and fill oven until the roast is 3/4 covered.
- Add seasonings.
- Bring to a boil for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Return to boil for 30 minutes.