Recipe by MrsSPheonix
Searched on Zaar, & this is really a blend of several recipes. This makes a lot so we layer the ingredients into a deep foil tray, the disposable kind.
- 250 g whole wheat lasagna noodles, sheets (dry)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed (or to taste)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups passata or 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 eggplant, sliced then grilled
- 2 zucchini, sliced, then lightly grilled if desired (can go into dish raw too)
- 2 red capsicums, quartered & roasted (or buy them already roasted)
- 400 g brown lentils (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded (optional)
- water, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften onion and garlic in a non-stick pan and when translucent add carrots, celery, passata and lentils, which you have rinsed & drained.
- Simmer about 15mins until vegetables are tender. Thin with water if sauce is too thick. Season to taste.
- Spray foil tray with oil.
- Spoon sauce into the bottom of tray and spread to cover. Top with lasagna sheets (two fit in the tray we used).
- Layer vegetables, sauce and noodles until tray is full or ingredients are used up, finishing with sauce and zucchini.
- Cook covered in oven until noodles are soft, about 40mins for us in a moderate oven.
- If using cheese, uncover lasagna, sprinkle on cheese, and cook five more minutes or until golden and bubbly.