Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Searched on Zaar, & this is really a blend of several recipes. This makes a lot so we layer the ingredients into a deep foil tray, the disposable kind.
- 250 g whole wheat lasagna noodles, sheets (dry)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed (or to taste)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups passata or 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 eggplant, sliced then grilled
- 2 zucchini, sliced, then lightly grilled if desired (can go into dish raw too)
- 2 red capsicums, quartered & roasted (or buy them already roasted)
- 400 g brown lentils (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded (optional)
- water, if needed
- Soften onion and garlic in a non-stick pan and when translucent add carrots, celery, passata and lentils, which you have rinsed & drained.
- Simmer about 15mins until vegetables are tender. Thin with water if sauce is too thick. Season to taste.
- Spray foil tray with oil.
- Spoon sauce into the bottom of tray and spread to cover. Top with lasagna sheets (two fit in the tray we used).
- Layer vegetables, sauce and noodles until tray is full or ingredients are used up, finishing with sauce and zucchini.
- Cook covered in oven until noodles are soft, about 40mins for us in a moderate oven.
- If using cheese, uncover lasagna, sprinkle on cheese, and cook five more minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Pretty good. I had trouble with the consistency of the eggplant, but it tasted good. It makes A LOT though. I should have made 1/2 a recipe.
LOVED making this! DO NOT! REPEAT DO NOT give this a miss! OK...Used 13 x 9 Pyrex dish, With lentil, was really delish! I only needed 250g dry whole wheat lasana noodles, TRUE! Did everything else like written too! HELPFUL Hint: If using grilled eggplant and grilled eggplant from zucchini in a jar...washed under cold water too! As suggested by another Zaar person, place on ONLY when add cheese too! Took about 10 minutes on lower rack in oven to melt! This recipe is really healthy, friendly and heart felt! THANKS!