Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a creamy dressing you will love making.
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 cup crouton, home made
- In food processor or blender, process blue cheese, garlic, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, egg,2 tblsp Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and vinegar.
- With motor running, slowly drizzle in the oils and blend till mixture is thick. Pour dressing in jar, seal and refrigerate.
- Cook bacon till crisp; cool and crumble.
- When ready to serve, place lettuce in salad bowl and toss with dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, bacon bits and croutons.
- Serves 10
- I now use 1/3 cup Egg Beater or the like to replace the egg.
- Slowly add some of the dressing while tossing.
- Don't add it all in one shot.
We love our Caesar salads and this one is a great one! I did not have blue cheese so I subbed with some herbed goat cheese. Excellent. I know this one will go into our cookbook to be used even without the bacon. (which was yummy btw) Used my little immersion blender and had this ready in no time. Thanks for sharing. Made for my Babes for ZWT4.
I really do not know why anyone would buy salad dressing when something this fresh and good can be made in seconds. I served this over a mixed salad instead of romaine but added the Parmesan cheese, bacon and croutons. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT4.