Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe may sister gave me that dates back to 1963.
Make and share this Our Raisin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line 9” pie plate with pastry; set aside.
- In microwave proof bowl, mix raisins, brown sugar and flour; stir in orange juice, water and salt.
- Microwave 8 minutes on High, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add vanilla.
- Let cool. Spoon cooled mixture in pie shell.
- Cover with pastry.
- Crimp edges to seal and slash top to let steam escape during baking.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400*, reduce heat to 350* and bake another 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Good served ice cream.
Wow! I remember this one. My best friend's Mom used to make this but she used Rum extract instead of the vanilla I think, or maybe both? Guess I better try it both ways huh? Thanks for the trip down memory lane for my taste buds.