1/20 Photos of Our Favourite Lemon Loaf
1 hr 10 mins
This is soooo nummmmy!! for lemon lovers. Very good warm or cold. (have been making this for years and cannot remember where it came from, probably from my Mom.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml shortening (We prefer butter)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk, 2% is fine
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy.
- 3Blend in milk.
- 4In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
- 5Pour into batter.
- 6Stir to moisten.
- 7Scrape into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 8Bake in 350f degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- 9Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- 10Remove to rack and while still hot, with a toothpick poke holes all over the top of the loaf, and spoon glaze evenly over.
- 12Glaze: Combine lemon juice and sugar in saucepan.
- 13Stir and heat till sugar is dissolved.
- 14Spoon evenly over top of hot loaf.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Our Favourite Lemon Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (888 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2714.6
- Calories from Fat 973
- Total Fat 108.1 g
- Saturated Fat 64.5 g
- Cholesterol 633.1 mg
- Sodium 2545.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 409.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 253.1 g
- Protein 37.7 g