Recipe by Derf
This is soooo nummmmy!! for lemon lovers. Very good warm or cold. (have been making this for years and cannot remember where it came from, probably from my Mom.)
Top Review by Dobermanmom
Holy freakin' jack flash! This is one of those perfect recipes, that mind me of the lemon loaf my mom used to make, only BETTER! I've printed out this recipe, and already my boyfriend has request another loaf, as he loves having a small slice with his at-work coffee. I sub'd the 1/2c of milk, and broke it down to 1/4 fresh lemon juice & 1/4 milk, and it wasn't too strong ... I'll be doing that from now on to give it that extra tiny little boost of fresh lemon taste. SUPER recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup shortening (We prefer butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk, 2% is fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy.
- Blend in milk.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
- Pour into batter.
- Stir to moisten.
- Scrape into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350f degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove to rack and while still hot, with a toothpick poke holes all over the top of the loaf, and spoon glaze evenly over.
- Glaze: Combine lemon juice and sugar in saucepan.
- Stir and heat till sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon evenly over top of hot loaf.