Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in one of Anne Lindsay's Light Cooking books. This marinade makes the meat so tender and lends great flavour too. Can be used on beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey. (I have only used on beef and lamb)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Blend all of ingredients in a 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Marinate the meat for at least 4 hours, in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Bring meat to room temperature for 1/2 hour before grilling.