Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple, yet delicious salad recipe. I have no idea where this recipe is from, but I have been making it for years. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 long English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 (398 ml) can black olives or 1 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together and set aside.
- Salad: Combine all salad ingredients and add vinaigrette. Mix well and either serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
I made this to accompany chicken/black bean quesadillas for our Halloween dinner. I mixed in romaine lettuce to make it more of a dinner salad. The dressing is very fresh tasting (used fresh lemon juice) and the spices are a nice combo. This chunky salad made for good leftovers the next day, too! Thanks Snowangel for posting your family's "Favourite Greek Salad" recipe. Roxygirl