This recipe was passed on and has now become our favourite chocolate cake. Easy to make, melt in the mouth, rich and chocolaty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160deg.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa and baking soda.
- 3Mix eggs, milk, oil and essence together.
- 4While creaming butter and sugar, together slowly add in egg mixture.
- 5When blended add flour mixture and mix well.
- 6Pour into greased round tin and bake for 45- 50 minutes or until baked.
- 7This cake will be moist when finished.
- 8Allow to cool slightly in tin before turning onto wire rack.
- 9Ice with your favourite chocolate icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Our Favourite Chocolate Almost Mud Cake
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.6 mg
- Sodium 134.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
imitation chocolate flavoring