Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was passed on and has now become our favourite chocolate cake. Easy to make, melt in the mouth, rich and chocolaty.
- Preheat oven to 160deg.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa and baking soda.
- Mix eggs, milk, oil and essence together.
- While creaming butter and sugar, together slowly add in egg mixture.
- When blended add flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into greased round tin and bake for 45- 50 minutes or until baked.
- This cake will be moist when finished.
- Allow to cool slightly in tin before turning onto wire rack.
- Ice with your favourite chocolate icing.