Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
This bread is the best bread I've ever eaten, hands down! I have a neighbor who always tells me when he does me a favor that this is what he wants as "payment"! Really good fresh from the oven along with "Aunt Gin's Vegetable Soup" Aunt Gin's Vegetable Soup (Crock Pot).
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Combine butter, molasses, honey, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Gradually add flour.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in greased bowl and let rise until double.
- Punch down.
- Let dough rest a few minutes.
- Shape into 2 loaves.
- Place in greased bread pans.
- Let rise about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes.
Made this for Thanksgiving. Made 2 full loaves. Was very impressed. Made great French Toast and grilled cheese sandwiches but great for the holiday left overs also :) Will make again. Not as dense as other recipes.
Good bread! Next time I think I'm going to reduce the honey.
I make bread every week and this is still one of my favorites! Thank you .